Jp en de fr es se ru nl it ck ch kr – Nikon 200-400mm f 4G ED AF-S VR II Zoom-Nikkor User Manual
R145_En_00_22 2010/01/25 19:50
Focus operation selection switch and focus operation
button (See p. 20 for compatible cameras.)
Use the focus operation selection switch to choose a function of the focus
Position of focus operation
Focus operation button
AF start (AF-ON) on the lens
• Press one of four focus operation buttons to activate each
• The focus operation button positions can be changed to suit
individual user preferences. For more details on this, contact
your nearest Nikon service center or representative office.
Focus lock (AF-L)
This function is only compatible with autofocus.
Set the focus mode switch to A/M or M/A.
Set the focus operation selection switch to AF-L.
During autofocus mode, focus can be locked by pressing one of the focus
• Focus remains locked while a focus operation button is pressed and held down.
• The AF-L function can be engaged either from the camera or from the lens.
Memory recall (MEMORY RECALL)
: The lens beeps when memory recall is operated.
: Memory recall operates without the beep sound.
The following operation is with the sound monitor switch
set to .
Focus on a subject and press the memory set button to save
the focus distance.
The lens will beep when the focused distance is correctly
• When the focus distance is not correctly saved, the distance
scale ring will revolve back and forth some 10 times, while
the lens will emit one short and three long beeps. In this
case, repeat procedure to save focus distance.
• Memory set is possible regardless of the setting of the focus mode or focus
operation selection switch.
• The focus distance is saved even when the camera is turned off or the lens is
detached from the camera.
• When performing memory recall at a focal length setting different from the
original setting, the focused distance may be slightly off. Special care should