Autofocus with optional autofocus speedlights – Nikon F4 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Autofocus with Optional Autofocus
Although the F4’s autofocus works at lighting levels as low as
EV minus 1, performance may vary depending on subject de
tail and contrast. In dimmest light conditions, use Nikon speed-
lights during AF operation, if it is too dark. The speedlight's AF
Illuminator lights up only in the Single Servo Autofocus mode.
1. Mount Nikon Autofocus Speedlight SB-24, SB-23, SB-22 or
SB-20 onto the F4’s accessory shoe.
2. Compose picture through viewfinder and lightly press
shutter release button.
3. Speedlight’s AF illuminator lights up and autofocus
• The focal lengths available when using AF Illuminator with AF
Nikkor lenses are 24mm to 105mm.
• For details, see Nikon speedlight instruction manual.